ThermiVa: A Revolutionary Non-Surgical Treatment for a Range of Vulvovaginal Conditions
Childbirth and menopause have a pronounced effect on a woman’s body, and some of the least talked about concerns are the vulvovaginal changes that women experience as they pass through these stages in life. The loosening of the vuvlovaginal tissue externally can make it uncomfortable to wear certain types of clothing, and the functional issues can cause pain or a loss of sensation during sexual intercourse as well as urinary incontinence issues that seriously impact a woman’s intimate relationships and daily life. Treatment of these conditions in the past was either offered in the form of invasive surgery, or side-effect causing medication. Dr. Virginia Hackenberg has taken a specific interest in helping women who are dealing with these vulvovaginal conditions as a result of menopause in her practice, and that’s why she’s proud to be the first Board Certified Gynecologist in Loudoun County to offer ThermiVa!
What is ThermiVa® ?
Reclaim, Restore, Revive. Worldwide, women want to reclaim their younger “pre-baby” and “pre-menopausal” bodies, restore their satisfaction, and revive their relationships.
ThermiVa® is a non-surgical treatment performed by Dr. Hackenberg in the comfort and privacy of her gynecology office, that uses radio frequency energy to gently heat the vuvlovaginal tissue with a thin, wand-like, handpiece. Radiofrequency energy is applied both internally and externally to the vulvovaginal tissue, which promotes skin contraction and new collagen formation resulting in a revitalized external appearance and alleviation of many of the symptoms associated with menopausal changes in the vagina.
Women who have had this procedure done report that it is painless (it has been described as a hot stone massage for the vagina), and appreciate the fact that they can resume normal activity, including sexual intercourse and exercise, right afterwards.
- Does it hurt?
- ThermiVa is a painless treatment (has been described as a hot stone massage for the vagina, and involves no surgery, or anything that penetrates the skin (i.e. cutting or stitching)
- How long does the treatment take?
- 30-40 minutes depending on the patient and their concern
- How many sessions of treatment will I need?
- Three (3) separate sessions spaced about a month apart
- How long does the effect of the treatment last?
- Results vary by patient and condition, but will typically last from 8 months to 1.5 yrs with single session follow-up maintenance visits thereafter, as needed
- Is ThermiVa covered by insurance?
- At this time, treatment with ThermiVa® is not covered by insurance. However, Dr. Hackenberg’s office has partnered with a patient financing company, which can help you find a payment option that will fit your budget
- What do women who have been treated with ThermiVa® have to say?
Am I a Candidate for ThermiVa® ?
ThermiVa® is a treatment option for women who:
- Wish to improve their sensation during sexual intercourse
- Wish to improve their sexual satisfaction as a result of intercourse
- Experience urinary leaking during strenuous exercise, or while laughing, coughing, or sneezing
- Experience a sudden and intense urge to urinate
- Wish for a non-hormonal option to alleviate vaginal dryness or pain during intercourse
The best way to learn if you are a good candidate for ThermiVa® is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Hackenberg to make sure that the treatment is the best fit for you and your concerns. Please note that a pelvic exam may be required prior to treatment, depending on your medical history.
What do Women Have to Say About ThermiVa® ?
“As you get older, women’s bodies change and just don’t
work the same, and it’s like [ThermiVa] brings back that
youth that you had. I’m very pleased with it – my husband’s very pleased with it.”
“I feel very confident… I love it, it was great! [ThermiVa] was
really the best decision.”
Contact us today at (703) 858-2811 to find out if ThermiVa can help you reclaim, restore, and revive your feminine wellness!